Sample job description of fundraising managers in NGOs, charities, trusts, and other types of organizations collecting funds for welfare projects. Here is a sample available for your review. You can edit and update as per your requirements.
Efficiently Manage Your Office Calculations With Our Advanced Calculators.
Key Responsibilities and Job Description of a Fundraising Officer, Manager
- Job Title: Fundraising Manager
- Organization Type: NGO/Charity/Trust
- Location: [Insert location]
- Reports to: Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer
The Fundraising Manager is responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies for the organization to support its welfare projects. The position requires a dynamic individual who can oversee all fundraising activities, engage with donors and corporate partners, and drive donations to meet fundraising targets.
- Develop and implement annual fundraising plans and strategies to meet the organization’s goals.
- Manage, oversee and coordinate all fundraising activities, including direct mail, online campaigns, corporate donations, major gifts, events, and sponsorships.
- Conduct research and identify potential donors, corporate partners, and grant opportunities to increase fundraising efforts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with donors, corporate partners, and other stakeholders to increase awareness, support and engagement with the organization’s mission and vision.
- Collaborate with program staff to identify funding opportunities and develop proposals for grant applications and other fundraising initiatives.
- Manage and maintain accurate donor databases and tracking systems to ensure proper recording and reporting of all donations.
- Prepare and submit regular reports to the Executive Director/CEO and Board of Directors to monitor and evaluate fundraising performance and goals.
- Plan, organize, and execute fundraising events and other donor engagement activities to increase awareness and support for the organization.
- Supervise and train fundraising staff and volunteers to ensure they are equipped to support the organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest fundraising trends, best practices, and technologies, and incorporate new techniques into the organization’s fundraising strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in fundraising, marketing, or related field.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful fundraising strategies and achieving fundraising goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission and goals to donors and other stakeholders.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to build and maintain partnerships with donors, corporate partners, and other stakeholders.
- Experience managing and training fundraising staff and volunteers.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with fundraising software and donor databases.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and vision and a passion for making a positive impact in the community.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Description of Manager Fundraising & Marketing
Details of the Candidate:
- Name: ___________
- Job title: Manager of Marketing & Fundraising
- Department: Marketing & Fundraising
- Job Location: _________________
- Reports to: Mention the designations you will be reporting
- Purpose of the job: Fund Raising and Marketing
Responsibilities of a Fundraising Manager:
- Conduct follow-up calls to both new and existing donors to maintain relationships and secure ongoing contributions.
- Prepare and dispatch letters to corporations, wealthy individuals, and donors to request support and thank them for their contributions.
- Manage, sort, and maintain records of donors to ensure accurate and organized information is available for future fundraising efforts.
- Oversee digital donation acceptance portals and ensure all online donations are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Register for new digital fundraising platforms and stay up-to-date on the latest fundraising technologies.
- Manage online donation records and follow-up with donors to maintain relationships and ensure continued support.
- Manage banking channel donations and ensure all contributions are properly recorded and deposited.
- Plan, organize, and monitor social media, radio, and TV promotions to increase awareness and support for fundraising efforts.
- Engage volunteers in fundraising activities to help expand outreach and drive donations.
- Manage and update presentations and marketing materials such as flyers and brochures to effectively communicate donation appeals.
- Plan, organize, and monitor traditional marketing and fundraising activities to increase awareness and drive contributions.
- Plan annual fundraising campaigns to set goals and drive donations to meet fundraising targets.
- Plan and execute fundraising campaigns in schools, colleges, and universities to target younger audiences and expand outreach.
- Manage sponsorships for promotional materials like brochures and newsletters to increase exposure and awareness.
- Organize and monitor new fundraising channels to continually expand outreach and drive contributions.
- Plan, organize, and monitor creative campaigns with a high return on investment (ROI) to drive donations and meet fundraising goals.
Please note that this job description can be customized based on your specific organizational needs, and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out. A lot more is missing from the above job description for a fundraising manager. You can edit and customize this job description as per your projects or organizational requirements. Furthermore, you can comment if you have any questions.
Major Fundraising Channels
- Direct Mail: Use personalized and compelling letters to connect with donors and inspire them to make a contribution.
- Print and Digital Collateral: Design and distribute high-quality flyers, brochures, and other marketing materials to promote your organization and its fundraising initiatives.
- Online Fundraising Platforms: Utilize crowdfunding websites and social media channels to reach a wider audience and encourage online donations.
- Banking Channels: Partner with banks and other financial institutions to accept donations and offer easy and secure payment options for donors.
- Donation Boxes: Place donation boxes in public locations, events, and gatherings to collect donations from the community.
- Personal Visits and Meetings: Schedule face-to-face meetings with individual donors and corporate partners to develop personal connections and strengthen relationships.
- Referral Programs: Develop a referral program that incentivizes current donors to encourage friends and family to contribute to your organization. This can be done through offering exclusive benefits or recognition.
Note that these channels can be customized and adapted based on your organization’s fundraising goals and target audience. By using a variety of channels, you can reach a larger audience and increase your chances of securing contributions.