Correcting Name on a Death Certificate

Wrong cause of death on the death certificate. False death certificate information. How to change the name on the death certificate.

Requesting for Name Correction on Death Certificate

Office/Dept/Hospital Name,
Address, City

Subject: Request for Name Correction on Death Certificate

Dear Sir/Madam,

My (father) died on (date), and a death certificate was issued by your office. But it doesn’t have my father’s correct name on it.

I request you to please correct my father’s name on the death certificate and issue a new copy with the correction. The (Identity) card is attached for your reference. I will be thankful to you.

Sincerely Yours,

Your Name

Correcting Name on a Death Certificate

Dear certificate office

I am writing to you because I would like to correct a name on a death certificate. A week ago, my father sadly passed away at the age of 66, and my sister was given the responsibility of taking care of the death certificate with all the right details.

I don’t know whose fault it is that the name is wrong on my father’s death certificate, but please sort this out and correct it as soon as you can. I would very much appreciate this. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards

Mr. Ben Hay

Correcting Name on a Death Certificate

I’m writing this application so that I can request you to please correct my father’s name on his death certificate. His name is Michael Bridge, and on the certificate, Micheal bragde is written. So kindly correct this mistake made by your staff. It would be a huge favor.


Nail Michael

Correcting Name on a Death Certificate

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Ali Haider, and my father was admitted to your hospital for more than a month. Unfortunately, on 14th April (Date), he passed away. I requested to issue his death certificate from the hospital and got it just last week.

I am sorry to say, but I am quite disappointed that the name on that certificate is not correct even though I filled the form correctly and double-checked it too. His full name was Arsalan Haider, but on the certificate, it is Hamza Haider. I have to send that letter to his workplace, and bank too but I cannot due to the mistake on it. I request you to kindly get the mistake on the certificate corrected and mail the certificate to me as soon as possible.

I have attached the scanned copy of the previous Death Certification along with the corrections. You can contact me for any further queries or confirmation. I hope I will not have to contact you again regarding this.

Ali Haider,

Contact ____

Categories General ApplicationsTags ,

Publish Your Letters With Us

If you want to publish a letter on any topic. Please submit in comments form on the contact us form. Any identity-related information will be removed.

Ask Questions

Please ask your questions regarding letters, Applications, and documents. We will publish your required content as soon as possible. Click to Ask

Please Ask Questions?