If you are writing a request letter for readmission to a school, college, or university, there are a few key things that you should include in your letter to increase your chances of being accepted. Here are some tips for writing a successful request letter for readmission:
- Begin by explaining the circumstances that led to your withdrawal or dismissal from the school. Be honest and straightforward, and take responsibility for your actions.
- Outline the steps you have taken to address any issues or problems that contributed to your withdrawal or dismissal. This might include completing academic or personal counseling, improving your grades, or making other positive changes in your life.
- Explain why you are now ready to return to school and be successful. This might include a renewed commitment to your studies, a more positive attitude, or other factors that show you are ready to take on the challenges of being a student again.
- Request readmission to the school, stating specifically which program or course of study you are interested in pursuing.
- Close your letter by thanking the school for considering your request and expressing your hope that you will be able to return as a student.
Example of a Request Letter for Readmission:
Dear [Admissions Committee],
I am writing to request readmission to [School] for the [Semester] semester.
I understand that I was dismissed from the school in [Year] due to [Reason for Dismissal]. I take full responsibility for my actions and the consequences that followed.
Since leaving [School], I have made a number of positive changes in my life. I have completed academic counseling and have improved my grades significantly. I have also made an effort to be more involved in my community and have learned valuable lessons about the importance of responsibility and hard work.
I am now ready to return to school and am committed to being a successful student. I am particularly interested in pursuing a degree in [Program of Study] and believe that [School] is the best place for me to achieve my academic and career goals.
Thank you for considering my request for readmission. I hope that you will give me the opportunity to return to [School] and become an active and engaged member of the community once again.