Promoting hydration in the workplace is essential for maintaining employee health, well-being, and productivity. One effective way to encourage employees to drink more water is by providing convenient access to clean and refreshing water in the breakroom. Water dispensers and filters play a significant role in this regard. Here’s how you can select the right water dispenser and filter for your office breakroom:
Efficiently Manage Your Office Calculations With Our Advanced Calculators.
- Water Dispenser Types:
- Bottleless Water Dispenser: These dispensers are connected directly to the office’s water supply, eliminating the need for bottles. They typically use a filtration system to provide clean and filtered water on demand.
- Bottled Water Dispenser: These dispensers use large water bottles that need to be replaced when empty. They are a suitable option if a direct water supply connection is not available.
- Filtration Options:
- Point-of-Use Filtration: This filtration system is typically integrated into bottleless water dispensers. It removes impurities, such as sediment, chlorine, and odors, ensuring the water is clean and refreshing.
- Pitcher Filters: Pitcher filters are an economical option for small offices or breakrooms. They filter water manually as it is poured into the pitcher, removing contaminants and improving taste.
- Under-sink Filtration: Under-sink filters are installed directly into the water supply line, providing filtered water from the tap. They require professional installation but offer long-term convenience.
- Considerations for Water Dispensers:
- Capacity: Evaluate the water consumption needs of your office to determine the dispenser’s capacity. Consider the number of employees, peak usage times, and refill frequency to ensure an adequate supply of water.
- Hot and Cold Water Options: Some water dispensers provide both hot and cold water, allowing employees to enjoy a refreshing cold drink or make hot beverages like tea or instant coffee.
- Space and Design: Choose a dispenser that fits well within the available space in your breakroom. Consider the design and aesthetics to ensure it complements the overall decor.
- Ease of Maintenance: Look for a dispenser that is easy to clean and maintain. Consider features like self-cleaning mechanisms or removable drip trays to simplify maintenance tasks.
- Considerations for Water Filters:
- Filtration Technology: Research the filtration technology used in the dispenser or filter system. Look for options that remove a wide range of contaminants while retaining essential minerals in the water.
- Filter Lifespan: Consider the lifespan of the filters and the replacement frequency. Opt for filters that offer a sufficient lifespan before needing replacement, ensuring a consistent supply of clean water.
- Certification: Look for filters that are certified by reputable organizations like NSF International, which ensures that the filters meet specific performance and safety standards.
- Maintenance and Servicing:
- Ensure that the chosen water dispenser and filter are supported by reliable maintenance and servicing options. Regularly replace filters according to the manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain water quality and efficiency.
- Educate employees on how to use the dispenser properly, including refilling procedures, cleaning instructions, and filter replacement reminders.
Promoting hydration in the workplace through water dispensers and filters can have a positive impact on employee health and well-being. By providing clean and refreshing water in the breakroom, you create a convenient and healthy hydration option for employees, leading to increased productivity and overall satisfaction in the workplace.